Web Testing Recorder

Hi,

Cannot use a locator with different parameter values in one Test (Web Testing). Locator parameter value always gets changed dynamically with the latest run’s parameter value.

Example: I need to use below locator multiple times in my test with different parameter values. But when i use different values in parameter and execute the test it is taking incorrect values. How can i fix this issue.

Thanks,

Hi @sahanijuttukon ,

We’ll need more details on the issue, can you please share a screenshot of the steps?
Also, you can find valuable information about how to you parameters effectively here:

Hi @alex.ivanov Please see below screenshots at ‘Step16’ on my locator i am passing value with parameter ‘SectionName1’ and i will be giving any value of my choice for this parameter like AT1, AT2, etc…

At other step in the same test at ‘Step 26’ on the same locator i am passing value with parameter ‘SectionName2’ and i will be giving any value of my choice for this parameter like AK1, AK2, etc…

Likewise i need to change parameter values on my locator in various steps in the same test.

@sahanijuttukon
Try to use the full XPath of the element for example:
chrome_XXwoIEcT6d
Another solution that you can try is to duplicate the element and create the locator with the second parameter.
If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.