Web actions do not get saved

Hello,

I am having the following problem on my web tests:

1 - I run a web test, in which I change a setting (Ex: I change name A to B and save).
2 - The test is successful and I can see that now the name is B.
3 - When I open the web site myself after that and go to the same page, The name is still A. Its changing on the test run browser, but then the change is not saved on the “real” website.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank You

Miguel Morgado

Hi @miguel.morgado ,

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re referring to.
It would be beneficial to share some screenshots of this scenario :slight_smile:

Hi @alex.ivanov

Sure:

On a real example:

With the automation web test, I remove the checks on these 4 options and save the page:

After saving, it looks like this:

Then, When I open the web page manually, the options are not empty:

Its like I never ran the test in the first place

Hi @miguel.morgado ,

When you record a web test on the TP platform and save it, it only saves the test on your TestProject account.
This means you will see the 4 checkboxes removed only on the test that you have on your TP account.
The test you did on the recorder does not affect the “real” website.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Hi @alex.ivanov

So, How do I create a test that affects the “real” website? That is what I need.

When the Web checkboxes are enabled, The mobile behaves in a way.
When the Web checkboxes are disabled, The mobile behaves in a different way.

Thats the entire purpose of running the web tests. I need them to change the real website, so I can test its affect on the mobile, properly.

Isn’t that possible? If not, the platform becomes useless in my case :confused:

Thank you.

Miguel Morgado

@miguel.morgado,
Are you sure these settings are saved at the account level on your website and not on local or session storage?
If it’s being saved on the account level then you probably have a bug in the application.
If it’s saved in the local or session storage you will not be able to view the effects across different devices.

@alex.ivanov

The changes are saved at the account level. When I save those changes, all my collogues that access the website, can see those changes.

Am I missing something?

Also, I also use cypress automation tool to test the same Web-Front-End environment, and the changes I do on the cypress automation tests, are reflected on the real web. So I doubt that its a web bug.

If it’s saved in the account level and you are using the same account, then it sounds like an issue with the application.
If you perform the exact same steps manually you should get the same result.

What do you mean by your collogues can see the changes and you can’t?

@alex.ivanov

I also use cypress automation tool to test the same Web-Front-End environment, and the changes I do on the cypress automation tests, are reflected on the real web. So I doubt that its a web bug.

I have sent a message on intercom chat, please answer there so we can resolve the issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.