TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

VM agent shows Busy/ Disconnected stage

I have a job running with an agent that is installed on a virtual machine (VM). I have updated the agent to the latest version few times (as per Testproject support’s suggestion), but after running the jobs properly for one/two days it shows agent disconnected/busy message. I have also sent the agent logs to Testproject support chat and they have only suggested me to upgrade the agent. However I still keep on getting the busy/disconnected error messages as below. Note: VM is running 24/7.

Started By: Scheduler
Message: Agent [ VM (vBiq9-IiNU-3pyExPU5LHA)] is currently in [Busy] state. Only when in IDLE it can be used for execution --> aborting execution
Agent: ** VM**
Platform: Web
Targets: * Chrome
Started By: Scheduler
Message: Agent [VM (SewT5qbEIEie2O_-bZThLw)] is currently in [Disconnected] state. Only when in IDLE it can be used for execution --> aborting execution
Agent: VM
Platform: Web
Targets: * Chrome

I have registered the agents properly too, but from the Agent menu it is not able to detect VM agent. Please advise, this is causing interference.

Hello @tasfia.khan,
We performed routine maintenance today, which caused the interference with the agent.
It should be fine now, just restart the agent on the VM.