TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

Visual Testing Options

I’m interested in the area of visual testing, and wondered if anyone was aware of any of the following:

• Any plans to include native visual testing in testproject
  • Any plans to create an add-on
  • Any plans to enable integration into third-party services such as percy.io

Ideally, I’m looking for visual testing for both web (inc mobile browsers) and mobile applications (I’m aware that percy is web only right now).

I think visual testing is a fantastic addition to more conventional functional testing, but the options out there seem limited. I’ve only started using testproject today, but I can already see what a great combination of power, and ease of use it is - and IMO a visual testing solution would compliment this solution extremely well.

Btw I’m aware that there is an image comparison add-on, but I’m talking about a more automated way of taking a screenshot and comparing it to a ‘baseline’ image (where the first time the command is run, this sets the ‘baseline’), with (ideally) some web-based tool to approve / reject / ‘re-baseline’ any diffs.

Thanks for any info :slight_smile:

Hey @kevin.mcandrew, thanks for reaching out.

There are currently several ways you can perform visual testing with TestProject,
for example:

You can use ‘take element screenshot’ action:

save it locally (you can use “take a screenshot to Dropbox” if you don’t want it to be saved locally):

and use image comparison add-on to compare those to images when one of them will be your ‘baseline’ image.

there is a list of screenshot actions you can use:

let us know if there’s any action that is missing for you.