TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

Typing a random email in an input field

I wanted to input a random email on a sign up module so every time my test cases run, it won’t prompt that email address has already been signed up.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Hi @gerard.benavides,

To generate a random email address, you can use this addon: https://addons.testproject.io/random-login-credentials

You need to save the result of this action into a parameter, which you can later use in your test.

Let me know if you will need my help with that :wink:
Amit

Great! How can I save the result of random generated data into parameter?

Hi @gerard.benavides,

Here’s a short example of how to use it:
6CR1qPcx7B

Let me know if it helped you :slight_smile:
Amit

Hello Amit,

Unfortunately, I’m unable to view the attached GIF since it’s really small. Used PC browser and mobile.

Hi @gerard.benavides,

I don’t know why the GIF got that small…
Anyway, to save the generated value, you need to click on the output parameter option when you are creating this step.

Hello @amit.yahav,

I figured it out now. Unfortunately, the addon doesn’t generate random email unless I exit recording mode and reopening and running the test case again. Well that’s for my case.

Anyways, always been helpful. Thanks Amit!

To generate a random email, click on the arrow icon on that step and then, click run.

Hi, I can’t store the result of random email in a parameter, project or test. It stay empty. I put in the output parameter with a parameter previously created and a new one from here and doesn’t work. I launch the step and it passes ok.
had someone the same behaviour?

thanks.

Hello,
Storing values in test parameters is working as expected:

If you are referring to the value not changing when viewing the parameters of the test, that is because the menu displays only the starting/default values of parameters.

Ufff, sorry!! Is working well. I was trying to see the value in the parameter. Thanks

1 Like