Troubleshooting DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exist

I’m a new TestProject user, and I’m trying to follow the Steps given in the TestProject video:
Create your First AI-powered Codeless Web Test: Working with Locators, Parameters & Validations
at Create your First AI-powered Codeless Web Test: Working with Locators, Parameters & Validations - YouTube

But I get an error:

Chrome failed to start because DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exists.
Additional information is available here:
Troubleshooting DevToolsActivePort file doesn't exists - TestProject Documentation (Last modified 10mo ago)

When I followed that link, I was told that “This can happen in several scenarios:”

1. Chrome version mismatch
    TestProjects support Chrome versions 77 and newer, make sure the Chrome version installed on your machine (including other users) is suitable.

#I don’t think that’s the problem, since I’ve Installed: Chrome 96.0.4664.45

#2. Running Agent as administrator

I don’t think that’s the problem, since I’m running Agent as a regular user

#3. Missing debug configuration for Windows
If the above options didn’t solve the issue go to C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\TestProject\Agent and add a file called debug-configuration.json with the content
{ “tp.config.chrome.no.sandbox” : “true” }

I don’t think that’s the problem, since I added that file, with no observable result.

#4. Antivirus is blocking the recorder and tests

I don’t think that’s the problem, because turning my Antivirus OFF didn’t make a difference.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

I do have multiple Chrome profiles on this PC. Could that somehow be a problem?

Thanks.

• Russell J.

I figured out what the problem was. Somehow, I’d gotten Chrome installed twice on my PC: 1 time for all users (in C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe), and a 2nd time for just me (in C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe). Apparently, that was confusing things. I uninstalled both instances of Chrome, and just reinstalled it for all users, and that fixed my problem.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.