TestProject not loading - Monitor and Reports

The Monitor and Reports pages are not loading Any news on this @ran.ferdinaro?

1 Like

I have been seeing the same issue.

same. is there a server status check for TP?

not that I’m aware of. Sadly they’ve also not been very good lately at getting back to us on issues. They still haven’t got back to me about an issue with deleting Jobs, and that’s been over a week. Hopefully that improves soon.

We are also seeing the same issue and are completely blocked on our testing. @Amit.Lacher @kfir.yosef - Can any one of you please provide an update on this issue? It seems to be widespread.

looks like we’re back

The reports page also does not load for me.

Same here. It’s been down all morning. Jobs are failing. Any status update TestProject?

Still not working. Jenkins jobs failing because there’s no communication with TestProject monitoring. The pages are throwing errors. We need to deploy and this is so frustrating. Anyone else also having issues?

Reports page getting 404 from the api

I haven’t faced his type of problem before.

E-commerce Photo Editing Pricing

I have been seeing the same issue.

seeing this issue too and it’s badly impacting our work. any news on this @alex.ivanov @Amit.Lacher ?

Seeing the same issue again.

We are having some network issues. Doing our best to fix it ASAP.

is this still not fixed, its been hours.

Aloha, do you have any idea when the issue will be solve?

I have been having several issues lately too. TestProject pages some times take ages to load or don’t load at all, some of my jobs are getting stuck on “Initializing” or can’t start at all and fail. Last time I contacted support from TestProject I was told they were migrating so it could cause some issues but that was one month ago.

We have been having several issues lately too. TestProject pages some times take ages to load or don’t load at all, some of my jobs are getting stuck on “Initializing” or can’t start at all and fail. Last time I contacted support from TestProject I was told they were migrating so it could cause some issues but that was one month ago.

Neither we are able to create /debug,see reports etc… Nor execute Jobs etc.

Pls let us know once its being resolved