TestProject has changed, somehow - assistance please! :(

Lately, TestProject has been down a few times for maintenance - and unfortunately ppl lost lots of work due to the roll-back(s) that the TP team obviously seems to have to perform to regain stability.

But not only that:
Some of my Test Cases that managed to survive these rollbacks are now suddenly also prone to fail. Before the rollback and for a very long time, they all worked flawlessly?!?

This is really, really critical!

When I, for one, run a simple log on as part of my test cases/test suites, I am suddenly receiving errors - even though the the steps are carried out! - but execution stops! anyway and reports an error.

Since “logon” is part of the great majority of my test suites, none of them execute by now :frowning:

Example - login is a nested step 2 in this test case:
Step 2

ADMIN ALTERNATIVE Login

WebDriverException: unknown error: unexpected command response
(Session info: chrome=103.0.5060.114)
Build info: version: ‘4.1.1’, revision: ‘e8fcc2cecf’
System info: host: ‘DESKTOP-O4RMHFJ’, ip: ‘192.168.8.117’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘13.0.1’
Driver info: org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver
Command: [1ac4b2c33cf43ad72031272e534e44c2, actions {actions=[org.openqa.selenium.interactions.Sequence@3a597c8]}]
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, browserName: chrome, browserVersion: 103.0.5060.114, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 102.0.5005.61 (0e59bcc00cc4…, userDataDir: C:\Users\TORBEN~1\AppData\L…}, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:56816}, javascriptEnabled: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: WINDOWS, platformName: WINDOWS, proxy: Proxy(), se:cdp: ws://localhost:56816/devtoo…, se:cdpVersion: 103.0.5060.114, setWindowRect: true, strictFileInteractability: false, timeouts: {implicit: 0, pageLoad: 300000, script: 30000}, unhandledPromptBehavior: dismiss and notify, webauthn:extension:credBlob: true, webauthn:extension:largeBlob: true, webauthn:virtualAuthenticators: true}
Session ID: 1ac4b2c33cf43ad72031272e534e44c2

What puzzles me with this WebDriverException error is

1. That it suddenly out of nowhere has started to arrive?
  2. That it carries some incorrect data: I am NOT running Windows 10 - but Windows 11?
  3. The OS Architecture is NOT ‘amd64’ but INTEL 7th generation?

Could anyone - the TestProject team, preferable, please step up and offer me some assistance here, please?

The above has almost set our Test and Quality Assurrance initiative with TestProject to a complete stand-still!

All help is appreciated,

BR
Torben

Hey,

Unfortunately I am experiencing the same.
Even during the test creation (recording), for some reason, TP loses connection to the webpage although it recognizes the fields in the page but when performing an action it triggers an error. All was running smoothly before but now is getting unstable for some reason.

Sad to see is the lack of communication from TP. It was great in the beginning but now is starting to get frustrating.

I really believe in this project and it is an amazing product but it is starting to get more and more inconsistent.

Hope you get the issue fixed. Needed to vent and this post seemed the most appropriated .

Cheers

Sorry to hear, RPenedo,

But it is somehow comforting to know now we are at a point where I am not the only one experiencing flaws also beyond what was influenced and subsequently removed by the roll-back(s) :frowning:

I am currently considering migrating to testim.io which happens ALSO to owned by TRICENTIS.

Anyone with any experience round migrating Test Suites/Test cases to that env., please?
OR, if this is at all possible?

PS
Yes, there’s a free trial of Testim.io on offer, but if you wish to operate it seriously, you’d need to purchase a license.

It is NOT for free for life, as with TP. Unfortunately not.

However, a merge of the best concepts from these two tools together could make an exquisite tool!

BR
Torben

1 Like

yeah, same happened with me, suddenly all tests are failing now which were running fine previously

Yeah, I feel like this is Tricentis’ way of slowly moving everyone over to their paid solution at Testim.io Even listening to some of their webinars, it sounds like Testim is using the TP solution to add any missing features to their product. Not that I’m opposed to having a paid solution where we actually get some feedback/support for the product, but it would have been nice to know that TP was slowly going to be laid to rest. I’ve done this dance a while back when Flex was being sunsetted and it doesn’t fill you with confidence when you can’t get a simple answer to a question.

And just to mention that Testim really does seem like a very nice solution as it appears to do everything that TP does and more so I think this will probably be the direction that I’ll be moving us towards also.

1 Like

I think its ridiculous. 0 support this is absolute bs

1 Like