TestProject Forum

Strange behavior when editing yaml files with the recorder

Hello
So if i have a test A that imports another test B, when i download test A as yaml it also contains test B as an aux test inside.
If i then modify tests A and B in the cloud platform, when i run the saved yaml with testproject-agent run test-A.yaml it uses the saved version of imported test B (as expected).
But if i use Open file to open the saved test-A.yaml in the recorder for editing, i see the old test steps that have been previously saved in test-A (as expected), but the imported test-B is the changed version from the cloud.
And since reloading the old version of test-B back in the cloud is not possible, it is essentially lost so i am not able to use and edit multiple versions of tests that import other tests.

@SjakieMaksym

Let us check this and get back to you ASAP.

Hi guys,
I was able to reproduce this. Any news on a fix ?
This is blocking us, since using the recorder on locally saved yaml files is useless in this case, because we cannot use it to edit tests that contain other tests.

@marat
it appears the agent is reading the subtests IDs, looks for them in the cloud and uses the ones it finds in testproject cloud.
I guess it should simply use the tests/subtests it finds in the yaml file

@daniel.puchianu

You are correct.
We will change this behavior in the next release.
I will keep you posted.

Nice. Thanks for the feedback @marat