TestProject Forum

(SOLVED) Basic POST request with API addon: Failed to read file signature

I’m having trouble with the API addon on TestProject, can someone help? I blurred out sensitive information.

My Test

Actual Results

Am I right in saying there isn’t much documentation on tutorials for this addon? I found this but not much else: Basic API Test Automation | TestProject

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks @marat , it takes me a step closer! I tried adding a few things in the header but it’s still failing. I’m not sure what is wrong with my request. If I can’t work it out, I may eventually go down the opensdk route.

Is there any specific error that you can share here?

I wish I could give you more information but as you can see in the report, there isn’t much. If I try it in the testproject recorder, it says that the test step failed and nothing else. Can you help me to get more information on specific errors?

I mentioned the opensdk route which is the only way I can think of to get more info. But I am inexperienced with coding so it will take me a little bit of time to start and debug what is wrong. I’m happy to try though, if you got any other tips let me know.

I know that the request works because I tried it on Postman so I am doing something wrong in TestProject. I’m not sure if the question mark is causing the issue as mentioned in REST API Testing issue

@Philip.Wong

I missed the images you’ve attached in your original post and now when I look at it, I understand the problem. This is a bug that was resolved in Agent 3.0.3, please update your Agent to the latest version to fix this.

My agent is already 3.0.5 so I don’t think it’s a problem with my agent. I looked again and I think I know what the problem is. My addon for RESTful api client is not up to date. I will ask the admin to update the addon and see if that resolves it.

Thanks for your help @marat , things look fine now.

@Philip.Wong
Great, thanks for the update.