TestProject Forum

Search and find data in tests

There is a change in one of the element in the application under testing
I had already created test using this element. How can search and find that which tests are refering this element

Hi Sheena, welcome to the testproject forums. I’m not sure I understand what problem you are trying to solve. If you are trying to find a place where your elements are stored, refer to Element Management - TestProject Documentation.

1 Like

Thanks Philip for your response

My query is “How to search and find a particular text in the already created tests”

For example, I have created below tests.

I want to search a text like ‘Owner Agent’ in these tests to find the test where it is referenced. How to do it?

Hope my query is clear now. Please revert if you need more details.

image001.png

Regards,

Sheena

Hi Sheena, I see what you are saying now. You are trying find specific text within any given test step in a test. I don’t think there is an easy way to do that. If you have github integration, there is one way but it’s a longer way. You could download all your whole repo and do a full text search on all your tests.

Another way to remind yourself is to maybe add tags to each test e.g. add ‘Owner Agent’ as a tag to each of the tests so you remember which tests have it.