Run web and mobile on same job

Hi there,

I understand that its currently not possible to run Web and Mobile tests on the same Job and we can workaround this, using the API.

However, It would be better (in my case at least) to have the possibility to run Web and Mobile on a single Job.

Is this going to be possible in the future? And if so, do you have any predictions on the date?

Thank you in advance and congratulations on the platform. Its great.

Miguel Morgado

HI @miguel.morgado
As you may already know, you can add a step in your job that will call another job, which will help you achieve your goal.
However, We currently don’t support running web and mobile tests on the same job.

Hi @ran.ferdinaro
I understand you currently do not support that. My question was if you are planning to release that option in the future.

And can you please tell me how to add a step that calls another job? Im not sure how to do that in a correct way.

Thank you

Miguel Morgado

Soon an add-on for calling a test/job will be released.
You can contact our support and get a beta version of this add-on.

For now, the best method would be to use a CI tool such as Jenkins and run pipeline jobs.
Here are documentations for integrating your TestProject account with Jenkins:

If you want to run jobs locally from a test’s step,
you can use the ‘HTTP POST Request’ action With Testproject’s API call the runs a job.
Don’t forget to fill your ProjectID, JobID and API key.
Also, fill ‘{}’ in Body and 200 in ExpectedStatus.

Screenshots attached:

TestProject’s RESTful API client documentation:

Available TestProject’s API requests:
https://api.testproject.io/docs/v2/#/Jobs/Jobs_RunJobAsync

1 Like

Hi @ran.ferdinaro

Fantastic. That is exactly what I need.

Thank you very much for your answer. You helped me a great deal.

Best Regards,

Miguel Morgado

1 Like

You are most welcome :+1:

Hello again @ran.ferdinaro

I followed your instructions and I called a web test case as a mobile step on a mobile test case, using the API.

Everything seems to be good when I run the step on the Editor:
Setup:

Result:

However, When I run it directly from the test case runner or from the job, I am constantly having the error:

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you in advance.

Miguel Morgado

Hi @miguel.morgado,
The 201 status code indicates that a request was successful and as a result, a resource has been created.
you can change the ‘ExpectedStatus’ to 201.
Please let me know if you are encountering any issues.

Also, you have shared Your API key in some of the photos you shared so I deleted them.

@ran.ferdinaro Thank you for your response.

I changed the expected response to 201 and now the its behaving the other way around, I.e:
It fails on the editor:
And it passes on the runner

Its a bit strange to me to fail on one side and pass on the other, but as long as it passes on the job running, Im ok with it failing on the editor.

(Thank your for deleting the API key)

Miguel Morgado

Since leaving ExpectedStatus on code 200 worked, you can leave it on code 200.
Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Actually its working with the code 201 instead. I will leave it like that. Thank you for your help.

Miguel Morgado

@miguel.morgado You are very welcome. I’m glad I was able to help you :slight_smile: