TestProject Forum

Recorder crashes while working on this specific type of element

Hi,
When i record my web app, it always crashes/freezes while try to record actions on below kind of element ( popup - time entry box ) . Please see if it is bug in the recorder ?

Team, this is a blocker for automation, please help !

Hi @lokesh.theramaraja,
No reason for this to happen as the recorder is fully equipped to handle such popups. Can you please share via email (to support@testproject.io) more info on the issue you are experiencing and attach via the email your agent logs? We’ll catch up on Sunday/Monday to investigate and even schedule a support session in case needed :slight_smile:

Sure, this is happening still and would like a support session, please

Hi @lokesh.theramaraja,
Can you please share your agent logs for the team to investigate this further?

The agent logs can be found here:

Windows

Open the Start menu, type %appdata%\TestProject\Agent\logs and hit enter.

macOS

Open Files Finder and choose Go form the top menu, select Go to Folder and type:
~/Library/Application Support/TestProject/Agent

Linux
Navigate to ~/.testproject/agent/logs

Please zip the folder and send it to our support@testproject.io mail, so we can better understand your issue.

Hi,

There is known issue with using ngx-bootstrap library of version ~3.3.0 (between 2.0.5 - 4.3.0).

Please check if your developers are using a popover component, that contains timepicker.

If they do the problem is with the popover component.

On that version of the library there is a known bug, that is causing the recorder to crush.

It will be required to upgrade that library at least to 4.3.0 but better(recommended) will be >= 5.6.0. or the best option would be current version (7.0)

Link to library with problematic version: Angular Bootstrap

Steps to recreate the issue:

1. Navigate to URL (problematic version)
  2. Open dev tools and type in console:

document.body.after(document.createElement(‘div’))

1. Page should now freeze after clicking on the green button.

If you are not using ngx-bootstrap , please let me know.

1 Like