TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

Query on SDK 0.63.3-RELEASE

Hello sir,
I have worked with old SDK and now am stuck with new SDK. please help me with below queries

For running locally:
Old SDK : For running locally we used to create Runner reference and then run locally.
New SDK : We don’t need to create runner, instead we give token while creating driver and the test results we can see in testproject.io. and it works fine for me

For uploading codedTest over testproject.io

Old SDK : for uploading coded test in testproject.io we used to write code in “execute” Method and upload in testproject.io and it used to work fine.

New SKD : Still do we need to write our code in “execute” method? or it is not necessary and directly jar file can be uploaded?

could you please throw light on uploading jar file with new SDK. how does it work?

1 Like

Hello @akshay.s
With the new SDKs, you do not upload the binaries to the platform.
All executions are local, there is no Execute method any more as well like you mentioned.
You still get the same reports from the local executions, you just do not upload the jar.

Thanks Ran for quick reply.

As I experienced with old sdk the advantage of uploading jar over website was we could run from any laptop just by downloading agent on that laptop. connect device> launch testproject.io and run the coded tests which are already uploaded.

now with new SDK as we are not uploading jar, how do we do this? does this mean, to run coded tests from other laptop we need to have editor((eclipse etc…) with our code on that laptop? and execute from editor?

Thanks in advance !!

1 Like

With the new SDK you need to make sure that your jars/dlls/py files are placed on the target machine, you don’t necessarily need to have an entire IDE there. here is a link that explains how it can be done with Java , dockerized agent and Jenkins but it will work the same on any standard OS as well.
https://docs.testproject.io/testproject-sdk/using-testproject-scripted-tests-within-ci-cd#java-example-test

We do have plans adding the native deployment capabilities support for the New OpenSDK in the near future as well, but you can still use the old SDK if it has a better fit for your needs.