Parameterize the name of parameters

This sounds a little meta perhaps, but it would help me.
Say I want to do datadriven testing,
I want to check customer data.
The customers are imported from a Json file.
The Json file is created by a python script.
Each time the test runs, the customer ID needs to be different, so I cannot keep using the same data.
So now I have a csv file with x customers that I read in on the fly in TestProject.
It would be great to have a loop to read all rows in the csv and add the column data to a parameter.
Now I do the reading and the GUI checking in the same iteration of the row loop.
Since the amount of customers in the file can also vary, I can not create x parameters for customer_name. Something like customer_name_$rowNumber would be great.
X parameters for the customer name will be created with a small numbered suffix.

Hi @matthijs.risselada
You can create a project parameter to reach your goal.
In each row add a row number.
Then, set the test to execute only if that row value equals to the parameter’s row value.
Lastly use the ‘Evaluate Mathematical Expression’ action to increase the value of your parameter by 1.

Hi @ran.ferdinaro,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I do not quite understand what you mean.
At the moment I am adding the value that I read from a csv to a project parameter with the Set value to a parameter step.
When you say “You can create a project parameter to reach your goal.” do you mean that all project parameters are created before starting the test and then the value is added tot he correct parameter. That is something I could already do.
But as I understand it, and please tell me if I am mistaken, that would require that all parameters are created and named beforehand. Meaning that if I add a row to my csv, I need to create an extra parameter and an extra step to add the value tot he parameter depending on the row number.
But if my parameter name could have a parameter in it, I could use only 3 steps to fill the parameter.

1. Get the row number
  2. Get the value from the csv
  3. Add the value to the project parameter and use the row number to make the parameter name unique.
    customer_1
    customer_2
    customer_3

All in one simple loop and once I can use a parameter in the amount of iterations, all will be more efficient.

@matthijs.risselada You can create a parameter (In your CSV file set it to point to your row number.
Then, create a project parameter.
Create a condition for the test step to execute if the parameter equals to the project parameter.
Lastly, create a step to add 1 to the value of the project parameter.