Parameter Dynamic value

Hi,

I am getting the value from UI and I want to Store it as Parameter in upcoming steps.Is it possible?

Note: I don’t want to use parameterised it manually…I want to get value from UI and Needs to be store that value in another steps,

For Example:- Step1:I am getting value of the element xxxxx(Dynamic value).
Step2:That value needs to store it here (xxxxx)

Yep, u can use Get Text action or another actions and save it as parameter in ur step

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

How we can store the getText value as parameter in anywhere in the steps?

Which element u need? Text or what? You may need to create some steps for your test

ur store in a web system or where? Or separated app?

Yes in Web only.

I need to get a Dynamic text from Web and store that value next step pass it as parameter.

For example: Step1:-I am getting text as 12344555(OrderID)- Note this OrderID will change dynamically.
Step2:-Passing that dynamic id here in API Curl- uri/orders/{OrderID}/token

How you are creating the parameter for dynamic text ? can you please explain it briefly.

First of all, you can’t put it into an api (well, I don’t know how to do that). You can save this ID as a parameter if it is specified in the web (i.e. the order ID itself is displayed). Then, if the same ID is displayed in list, for example, you can use Click action to paste it as parameter, BUT, you need Xpath. If Xpath (bc xpath may be dynamic too) itself has this ID, you can do your test. If you need to send it as a parameter to the api, etc. I don’t know how to do it.

Maybe you can use the action GetText or similar and save the text dynamically as parameter and later use any actios inside RESTful API addon.