TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

None of the code blocks in the provided JAR are CoddedAddon

What does this mean? I used the addon in the sample and tried to expand it a litte to do some experiments with it. But s.th. seems to be missing, has to be changed.

Tried to start with AddOns. So please do not mind the simplicity of the code :slight_smile:

import io.testproject.java.annotations.v2.Action;
import io.testproject.java.annotations.v2.Parameter;
import io.testproject.java.enums.ParameterDirection;
import io.testproject.java.sdk.v2.addons.GenericAction;
import io.testproject.java.sdk.v2.addons.helpers.AddonHelper;
import io.testproject.java.sdk.v2.enums.ExecutionResult;
import io.testproject.java.sdk.v2.exceptions.FailureException;

@Action(name = “MySelector”,
description = “Get Selector of {{type}} for {{element}} on {{page}}”,
summary = “Gives back a Selector for an Element on a Page”)
public class MySelector implements GenericAction {

@Parameter(description = "Page")
public String page;

@Parameter(description = "Element")
public String element;

@Parameter(description = "Type")
public String type;

@Parameter(description = "Selector", direction = ParameterDirection.OUTPUT)
public String result;

@Override
public ExecutionResult execute(AddonHelper addonHelper) throws FailureException {
    result = "XX";

    addonHelper.getReporter().result("Selector is: " + result);

    return ExecutionResult.PASSED;
}

}

Hello and thanks for reaching out.

I have tried uploading your code as an addon and it has worked for me.
Please make sure you are building the .jar correctly and to not include the TestProject SDK in the final uploaded .jar itself.

If you are using Gradle for your project, please consider using the build.gradle file located here as it will handle removing the SDK .jar file for you:


You will need to update the path of the SDK to the correct one for your system in the above file template.
Then after clean and and build your project again, and upload the file created in your build/libs folder as the addon.

Thank you for the fast response. Funny thing is, I did all of this - I thought.
Now I’ve taken the complete SDK sample anew, copied my code into it,
did the changes in the gradle file and taddaa … it worked. So I think I’ve
destroyed s.th. in the deep of the code/config…etc during playing around with it.
Regards

Sure, don’t mention it. Happens to everyone.