Multiple parameters as input

Hi all,

I am trying to provide multiple parameters as input for single step (for type text).
Is it possible to do. If not what could be the work around.

Example for Reference:
for a field name “student roll number” I would like to give 3 parameters as input at the time of execution. Based on parameters value given in field data should be fetched below.
Top_In_Phy_Roll No: 30
Top_In_Che_Roll No: 38
Top_In_Maths_Roll No: 40
when I give these values as input for Student roll number field I must get 3 entries.

Thank you

Hi @Prasad_Bhallamudi,
If your intention is to enter multiple parameters at the same time, you can look at the sample photo.

If your intention is to run the same test case with different values each time you can follow this article:

Let me know if you need any assistance :wink:

Hey @ran.ferdinaro
Thanks for replying,
but the sad part is provided example doesn’t work with my example. As i explained before, my three input parameters are numeric and independent to each other. after executing respective step we must get 3 existing entries as output.
But example given by you, it will consider 3 entries as single entry with spaces in b/w them.

On executing type text step with multiple parameters as input i am expecting output as in image (having alphabet “y” in green color and highlighted with red border).
correct and wrong

Hope i have a work around for it :smiley:

@Prasad_Bhallamudi Why is there a need for you to input all three parameters at the exact same time? I don’t think I fully understand your intention.

If I understand you correctly you should do the following:
1 - Use the ‘Type text’ action with the first parameter.
2 - Use the ‘Press Enter with Robot’ action or the ‘Press Tab with Robot’ action.
3 - Use the ‘Type text’ action with the second parameter.
4 - Use the ‘Press Enter with Robot’ action or the ‘Press Tab with Robot’ action.
5 - Use the ‘Type text’ action with the third parameter.
6 - Use the ‘Press Enter with Robot’ action or the ‘Press Tab with Robot’ action.

Hey @ran.ferdinaro ,

I already tried above mentioned procedure and it is working fine for me.

My intention is to minimize my script steps. If I could give multiple parameters at initial type text only, then it could reduce almost 4 steps.

Now for 3 records I am giving 3 type texts action for fetching records … if a have records in 10’s/100’s figure then???

Hope you understood my concern of raising this point :slightly_smiling_face:.

If possible please consider this point in future enhancement and try to give us solution to provide multiple parameters as input for fields for testing.

It’s been nice to reach test project team for clarification.

@Prasad_Bhallamudi It is better to do this with a CSV file, you can do the following -

1. Create a step with the ‘Read CSV row’ action:

2. Use the ‘Count Strings’ action on that result to get the amount of columns in the CSV file:

3. Create a project parameter called ‘counter’ and give it a default value of 0:
    chrome_LUYQ2FAZPP

4. Create a step with the ‘Set value to a parameter’ action to add 1 to ‘counter’:
    chrome_ck8kvIWjft

5. Use the ‘Read CSV column’ action with the ‘counter’ parameter to get a result to ‘value’:
    chrome_gwmsXNAN96

6. Use the ‘Type text’ action with the value to the element:
    chrome_loDXHKQmbk

7. Use the ‘Press Enter with Robot’ action:
    chrome_PudSl74hQC

8. Group steps 4-7 to a group test. Set it to execute only if ‘counter’ is less than or equals to ‘length’, and set the repeat setting to 100 (it is the max value you can use):

That way will let you read up to 100 columns in 3 steps (total of 6 steps).

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.