Looping the Steps and jumping(go to) to a particular step

Hi Team,

In Test Project is there any solution to loop steps or directly go to any step? I knew we have the option of Repeat - but this option is restricted to only one step. What exactly I mean by saying Loop the Steps is for example:
In a test I have total 25 steps. At step 14 am trying to read the value of the attribute and based on this attribute value, the execution control should be passed accordingly
if the value is between 0 and 5 the control should be passed to execute from step 15
else if the value is between 6 to 9 the control should be passed to execute from step 19
else the control should be passed to execute from step 6

Thanks & Regards,
Raju

Hi @raju.gaddam,
You can use condition in the steps settings.
Create a parameter with the value and set your steps to execute based on the value of that parameter.

Hi @ran.ferdinaro ,
Yeah, I tried this and it worked but it did not reach my expectations. In my above example, based on the value am not able to pass the control directly to the required step. Like, if the parameter value is between 0 and 5 the control should be passed to execute from step 15 and skip all the steps till 14.

But giving the condition manually to each step is bit difficult and we are also not able to come back and execute the previous steps.

@raju.gaddam You can also group your steps to a sub-test and add a condition only once.

Thanks @ran.ferdinaro , Grouping worked perfectly. And now am left with other point of re-executing the same steps .

Now in my recording, I have 25 steps and at step 15 I read the value of the attribute and if the value in between 0 and 5, then I need to go to step 4 and execute from there. How to do this without duplicating those steps with in the same single recording…? Please help in solving this as well.

@raju.gaddam You can either group these steps or duplicate them.