TestProject Forum

Issues and Possible improvements

Hi Team,
Thank you for the tool, its really useful and enjoyed working with TestProject. I am facing couple of issues and few possible improvements/recommendations based on my experience with TestProject tools.

Issues :

1. Add-on are not completely reliable - Sometime it work and sometimes it doesn’t.
  2. Cache problem in add-on, for example while using the recorder and random number within range is returning same value until we close the recorder and re-open it again.
  3. Slowness while executing the the test steps in recording using the custom add-ons.
  4. For someone with very minimal programing experience, quick start kit or detailed and step by step document for Add-on development would be excellent.

Improvement

1. Possibility of adding job into the another job. Lets say I have multiple jobs for each functional module, it will be easier for module level execution and at the same time run for the modules in one job.
  2. During job creation, UI has minimal data like 5 TC visible at time. It is kind of difficult when we have job/suite with 100’s of TC to drag/drop and ordering.

Thank you
Naveen.

Hello @naveen.a
For the first issue, please elaborate on which addons are not reliable.
For the 2nd and 3rd issues, please make sure you are using agent 0.66.3 as it was solved.
For issue 4, sure we will dedicate the resources for that.

Thank you Ran for the quick reply.

For the first issue, please elaborate on which addons are not reliable.
– Example “Click On N Checkboxes Randomly”. For me this was not working initially and checked with support team and team has helped by fixing the add-on and got it working. But now again it is not working and could see duplicate add-on with same name. Tried using both but still not working

For the 2nd and 3rd issues, please make sure you are using agent 0.66.3 as it was solved.
– I have installed now, will keep checking on this.

For issue 4, sure we will dedicate the resources for that.
– Really appreciate it. Looking forward for this document. if its not too much ask, do we have any ETA on this ?

Also, any suggestion/plan on the requested improvements ?

-Naveen.