Is TestProject dead?

Did Tricentis stop supporting testproject? Is it dead now?

They stopped offering support for users with issues, but have promised to “maintain stability”, whatever that actually means (stability has definitely NOT been maintained). I’d say it’s not dead, but actively dying as they try to push users towards their paid products.

Tosca is their paid tool, for mobile?

Don’t know, don’t care. I don’t plan to use another Tricentis product.

2 Likes

The reason is that, as per the VP of Product management of Tricentis, TestProject is free and thus has no support available. So you will most likely not get any support, unless people from the Community can help you with your problem.

Having worked with software R&D products for almost a decade I’ll decode (with a grain of salt):
“we do not plan to add any additional features. Our main focus is ensuring the product is secure and stable”
This usually means that the resources allocated to development have been or will be moved to other projects. It also means that the project, internally, usually has already an “end of life” in mind. The only thing they can do (without resources allocated to new development) is keep it stable to maximize the time old users could potentially wait to migrate to paid solutions.

The original post can be found from: Lack of response from TestProject Support - #21 by gareth.arch

asaf.saar

"Dear all,

I’m Asaf Saar, VP of Product Management at Tricentis.

The TestProject product is a free product offering by Tricentis, as such, there is no support provided for this product.

We are very happy with the current functionality of the product and do not plan to add any additional features. Our main focus is ensuring the product is secure and stable.

All our commercial products, such as Tosca, Testim, TTA for ServiceNow, etc. offer full support with strong roadmap ahead."