I am not able to click on a field which has an attribute of Unselectable= on in TestProject. Any idea on how to resolve this?

I am not able to click on a field which has an attribute of Unselectable= on in TestProject. Any idea on how to resolve this?

Can somebody please respond

I’ll help out if I can once TestProject is done with maintenance (which will probably take much longer than we think)

1 Like

have you tried using the execute javascript action? you can use it to find the element you’re looking for and click it.

EDIT:
I realize this a bit vague, but I would need more information to help you with specifics.
I’m assuming this is something along the lines of this. Here, I’m getting an element by its class attribute and clicking it

I don’t see that action in my action list.

I am not able to see that action in my action list…

Thanks!

~WRD0001.jpg

image001.jpg

do you happen to be filtering the actions by the element you want it to check? it’s possible that it won’t show up if you filter by elements.

if the red-box highlighted section has an element, the execute JavaScript action won’t show up

it has to be empty and say “Filter by element” as shown in the picture

See my screenshot with attributes.

So what I’m understanding is that you want to grab that element by its class and click it.
If that’s the case and that is the only instance of that class, then you would need something along the lines of this:

document.getElementsByClassName("x-grid3-cell-inner x-grid3-col-DestinationType").click()

if there is more than one instance of this class, use the same code but specify which instance you’re looking for using square brackets:

document.getElementsByClassName("x-grid3-cell-inner x-grid3-col-DestinationType")[<insert instance number here>].click()

Let me know if this works.

Please keep in mind I’m a novice at best when it comes to JavaScript. Apologies in advance if this does not work.

EDIT:

I went back and realized that you want to click the element by the unselectable attribute. I’m not sure how that works exactly but being that that element you’re looking for also has that class attribute, I still believe that my above response is a good alternative.

If you want more information regarding the unselectable attribute, take a look at this:

What is instance number here?

image001.jpg

If there are multiple elements with that class, you would put the instance of the exact element you want.
For example, lets say you have 5 elements with that class and you want to get the 3rd one.

You would use the following:

document.getElementsByClassName("x-grid3-cell-inner x-grid3-col-DestinationType")[2].click()

Since the count starts from 0, the 3rd one would be at position [2].

@sowmya.gampa any update? did you figure it out?

No, I tried above code and it didn’t worked.

Any suggestions please?