How to handle multiple versions of the application being tested

Hello,
What would be the recommended way of handling testing of multiple versions of an application using TestProject, where there are some things that are different between versions but also many things that are the same ?

Hi @SjakieMaksym ,

It depends on what you are trying to achieve.
For example, if every new version contains new features, you can test the functionality of the features and many more.
So it really comes down to what you are trying to achieve from your testing.
It doesn’t matter if you are testing on your mobile or on the web you can easily debug step by step, get visibility to parameters and real values. Identify failed steps with detailed error messages, update steps, element locators, actions, assertions, validations, test data, and replay.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Hi,

I think new features won’t be as big of an issue, but the main problem i see is with screens/scenarios that change between the versions so each version would require different locators.
How to organize the different versions of the tests ? Usually one would use different branches on a github repo for each version. How would this be done in TestProject.

Thanks

Hi @SjakieMaksym ,

For this scenario, what I can recommend to you is creating a project for each version from my point of view.
It will provide you with an effective organization for each version, it will be easy to navigate between versions (projects) and every version will have its own tests.

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Is the GitHub Integration supposed to handle branching tests, so that you don’t have to duplicate projects? How does this work?