TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

How to deploy IPA with io.testproject:java-sdk (OpenSDK)

Hi,

how do I deploy an existing IPA to the device with io.testproject:java-sdk?

Currently I try to deploy the ipa with the following capability:

capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.APP, “myPathToExistingIPA.ipa”)

The test crashes with following error:

Could not complete the request to start a new session. Another program such as an antivirus/firewall seems to be interfering with the connection.
io.testproject.sdk.internal.exceptions.AgentConnectException: Could not complete the request to start a new session. Another program such as an antivirus/firewall seems to be interfering with the connection.
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.translateAgentConnectFailure(AgentClient.java:667)
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.startSession(AgentClient.java:598)
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.<init>(AgentClient.java:231)
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.getClient(AgentClient.java:460)
	at io.testproject.sdk.drivers.ios.IOSDriver.<init>(IOSDriver.java:359)
	at io.testproject.sdk.drivers.ios.IOSDriver.<init>(IOSDriver.java:165)

The equivalent android test (setting MobileCapabilityType.APP) is running without issues.
Following (green) tests will fail until the TestProject Agent is restarted.

Agent failed to interrupt existing development session to start a new one, try again.
io.testproject.sdk.internal.exceptions.ObsoleteVersionException: Agent failed to interrupt existing development session to start a new one, try again.
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.handleSessionStartFailure(AgentClient.java:755)
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.startSession(AgentClient.java:604)
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.<init>(AgentClient.java:231)
	at io.testproject.sdk.internal.rest.AgentClient.getClient(AgentClient.java:460)
	at io.testproject.sdk.drivers.android.AndroidDriver.<init>(AndroidDriver.java:361)
	at io.testproject.sdk.drivers.android.AndroidDriver.<init>(AndroidDriver.java:167)

I think the TestProject Agent is kind of destroyed until restart.

How do you deploy IPA-files to your test devices with the OpenSDK?

Thanks in advance

Do you have any questions? Did I forgot to write down any essential information?

Or does nobody use the OpenSDK with iOS?

Thanks!

Hello @patrick.teufel.

This is indeed an issue, can you please send your agent logs to support@testproject.io ?
They can be found and downloaded from the agent tab:

Please send the entire zip file.