TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

How do I automate the QR Code Scanning

My app requires me to scan a QR code in order to proceed for creating payment. Is there any way I would be able to automate this in TestProject?

Hello @bala,
You have 3 options to scan QR code in your testing:
1.Use the ‘Read QR code from image’ action in which you need to proivde the path to the QR code from your pc.

2.Use the ‘Read QR code from dropbox image’ action in which you need to proivde the path to the QR code from your dropbox account and your authentication token.

1. 2.Use the ‘Read QR code from web element’ element action in which you need to proivde the the QR image element from the page.

Hello @itamar.klein,
Thanks for the reply. I have tried as suggested, and what happens here, it only reads the content of the QR code. How do I pass the QR code content to the app, so that it will be able to proceed to next screen?

Hello,
You can store the QR code content in an output parameter and use it later on in another step.

Hi @itamar.klein,
Yes, I have stored the QR code content in an output parameter as mentioned.
But how do I pass the output parameter into the QR Code scanning screen in my app as shown the image below? Any idea on this?

I see, I’m afraid that right now there isn’t an action that directly can scan the QR code and move to the next page, however this is something that we will consider adding, and we will let you know as soon as we make it done.

Thank you so much for your kind assistance @itamar.klein.
Looking forward to hear more from you once it’s done. :slightly_smiling_face: