Failed test step reported in next test

I’m using the SDK with automatic reporting.
I have a testclass with multiple tests. Each test basically opens a new screen and verifies if certain elements are present using wait.until(ExpectedConditions.visibilityOf());

One of the tests fails with a NoSuchElementException but when checking the reports, the failed test is marked as passed and the test that is executed next is marked as failed with the first step being the failed find element step from the previous test.

In my IDE the passed and failed tests are reported correctly.
If all tests pass then the TestProject reporting is correct and all test steps are logged in the correct test.

Is this a known bug or am I missing something here?

Hi @krisko and welcome to our community :slight_smile:

Can you please share a screenshot of the report?
A solution that might help you to avoid this flakiness is to add more wait time until the element becomes visible.
For example in Java: driver.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(25000, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS);
Also, we have great examples on our GitHub that can help you understand more correctly how to work with the SDK:

Let me know if it helped you, and if you have further questions please feel free.

Hi @alex.ivanov,

The problem is not that the wait is not long enough for finding the element.
I’ve changed the xpath deliberately so that it fails, but when the test fails the report is wrong.

The failed test step that you see is actually part of the “Verify More page” test. When this step fails it is reported under the “Verify My Library page” test and that test is reported as failed while it is actually the “Verify More page” test that fails.

When I use the correct xpath and all tests pass, then the teststep is correctly reported under the “Verify More page” test.

@krisko

Please contact our support@testproject.io
When sending us an email, please mention the agent version with the screenshot above and attach the logs.