TestProject Forum

Execution Speed Query

Hi Guys

New here so please go easy on me!

I have a Proof of concept going and it seems to be relatively stable. Its not a massive issue yet, but i can see certain functions seem to take a while, for example generating a random firstname (by a while, i have 3.184 seconds to generate the name and pass the value out).

Is there anything at OS level i can do to speed this up? My laptop isnt bad by any means (I7 16gb SSD), im just wondering if this is just “as good as it gets” or if there is anything i can try to improve this before my suite gets massive…

If this is as good as it gets, no issue, ill just investigate multiple agents etc but for obv reasons id like to try to optimise as much as possible before throwing more VMs etc at the issue.

Thank you for all the help, its always appreciated.

Hello @gavin.hewitt
The addons can take a few seconds more since they run on a sandbox environment, and it takes a few seconds to spin up.
We will continue improving the speeds of the tests, thank you for reporting this :slight_smile:

No issue at all. Thank you for getting back to me atleast i know its not just me :slight_smile:

Sorry to bother you again @ran.tzur I am making good progress with TestProject and want to thank you for all the answer you and your colleagues have dealt with :slight_smile:

With regards to this topic, is there any benefit / speed improvements by increasing the priority on the processes at operating system level that these sandbox environments run in? Do they have a specific process they spawn? Or is this just hopeful thinking this may speed it up.

Sorry to ask, its just a bit of a pain point as i use a lot of “random” generation… I could pull from CSV but i like the “self contained” of randomness within test itself…

No problem @gavin.hewitt
There is no need to give it a priority, although you can it probably won’t speed up the process.
I actually tested some scenarios with random generation, with multiple nested steps, and everything took around 14 seconds.
So you can try to reduce the execution speed, AKA making it faster.

You can try and see if that helps you speed up your over all test execution.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I had already done this but if you guys think priority at cpu end will make no difference then no point in me investigating that option

For anyone else reading this the above solution did speed the execution times some what.

Dont take this as a complaint, i am very happy with what the product does. Ill just see if CSV reading is faster or our execution times will be very slow if i carry on the current path…