TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

Execute if else conditions based on telegram signals and a website

Hi , i have been trying to automate my binary options trading platform using telegram signals (24*7 forecast) , the main problem is i’m unable to fetch the latest message on telegram and validate it with if else condition and then give a step that does it based on the if else condition , please give me a hint or steps to execute the issue

Hello @srujanpatel9747,

Are you doing a web test or a mobile test?

Regardless, you can try the option of opening the application either on mobile/web and getting the text from where the element containing the text of the message.

Once you’re able to save the text message in a parameter, you can create a condition on the step you’d like to perform and choosing the parameter that contains the text, and the validation.
If the condition is met, the step will be executed, if not, it will be skipped without affecting your test.

Add an output parameter to the get text action:

Use that parameter in a condition:

i’m doing it on web , how to save the text in a parameter?

Use the ‘Get Text’ action:

It should look like this, after being selected:

Then press ‘Select Parameter’ to choose where to store the step output:

Since you most likely don’t have any parameters yet, click on that blue plus icon to create one:

Give the parameter some name, an optional description or an optional default value (that will be used if you don’t store something in the parameter).

Then press save.

After you’re done creating the parameter, select it from the list to choose it for the output field:

Then save the step:

Once you’re done, when you run the step, the value will be stored inside the parameter.

Then inside the “Advanced Options” of any other step, you can use the parameter inside a condition by once again just pressing the input box and selecting it from the list:

The advanced options are available for each step, by clicking on the step itself:

And then pressing on “Advanced Options”: