End-to-End testing between 2 or more websites

Hi,

I need to automate a test

• executing actions from one website (generating data stored in database) and which continues with

• reading out the generated data (picked from the database) in another website.

Would it be possible with testproject.io to declare 2 web applications and jump between them during test recording/execution?
At the same time, I would like to compare registered data on the first website, with the data displayed in the second one.

Thank you for feedback in advance
/Thomas

Hi Thomas,

You should be able to accomplish this by adding a step to visit the second website and back to the first and so forth. If you are reading data from a database or storing a value from the UI, you can store them in output test parameters and reference them in certain test actions that allow parameter usage :slight_smile:

As far as comparing data, you can do things like compare two strings from output parameters you stored throughout your test case. There is actually an add-on for that which you can take a look at here: String Utils Addon - TestProject Documentation

You can also create a condition in a test step to compare two parameter values and pass or fail the test step if it meets or doesn’t meet those conditions.

I hope this helps!