TestProject Forum

Custom Element Types

I’ve recently discovered that TP allows defining Element Types (a feature available from the Addon page).

Since Element Types appear to be some sort of “Add-on”, and are delineated as Mine / Installed and searchable, it would seem to indicate they can be imported / installed some how?

I haven’t found much in the forum/docs regarding this feature. It would be helpful if someone who has used Element Types a bit could explain a bit more about how to best leverage Element Types.

After having created some custom element types (for Web elements), one thing I have noticed is that the TP test recorder’s Explorer flags matching custom element types. I have not yet found a relaiable way get the recorder use custom element types when making recordings though.

I am able to use Custom Element Types when manually saving/creating an element to the Element Library using the Recorder’s element Identifier Widget (the one that follows the pointer), but to usa a custom element type, you always have to search it up - would be great if you some-how could give custom element types a higher priority when they are relevant.

I would also be great if there, in the future was a possiblity to somehow leverage these custom Element Types in Manage Application Strategies dialog.