Comparing images of different sizes

Is it possible to compare 2 images of different sizes?
Or alternately, is it possible to ‘match’ an image to the size of another for comparison?

I have a bit of a unique challenge: The system I’m testing loads other web based applications within an inner frame, records it, and then allows you to present the recorded app separately. So since the app is first loaded within a frame, all the elements are smaller in size then they are when presented later on without the containing frame. My goal is to take a screenshot of the app as it is loaded within the containing frame, and once more when presented without the frame, and compare the 2 images. So far I’ve been using the Dropbox Actions addon for taking elements’ screenshots and comparing them (most of my tests run at nighttime via BrowserStack) but there is no option to compare 2 images who are not the exact same size. If I could somehow match the images’ size, I could compensate the changes that will affect the image with a higher threshold. Another option I thought of is perhaps taking a screenshot of specific screen pixels which would allow me to determine the final image size.
Please help :slight_smile:
Thanks.

Hi @doron1 and welcome to our community :slight_smile:

Currently, it is not possible to compare two images with different sizes.
The idea behind this addon is to compare images of the same element in its initial state against its final state.
If you have any further questions, please let me know.