TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

Change Emulator Orientation

I’m running TestProject against an Android emulator. TestProject likes to flip my emulator from portrait to landscape.

Since elements are only available if they are visible on the screen, this affects my tests.

Is there a way I can have a step in my test to flip the orientation of the emulator between landscape and portrait? If not, is there a way I can make it so TestProject doesn’t switch from Portrait to Emulator when it starts up my device?

Hello,

Can you please tell me what agent version you are using and what application you are testing if possible?
Can you send a short video or screenshots showing what is happening?

I feel pretty dumb now. I updated both my agent and I saw there was an update on the web page while I was running tests and now it doesn’t do what I described any more.

To answer your question, it’s a home-grown app I wrote that is not available nor will ever be available in the app store.

BTW, I LOVE this app. You have done an excellent job across the board.

What I’d love to be able to do is database set up and tear down for a local database.

Thanks for the very quick response!

Sean

I just upgraded to another new version of the Agent and it’s back to auto-rotating my emulator from portrait to landscape. I’ve attached a video.

(Attachment TestIsRotatingOrientation.mp4 is missing)

Looks like my attachment was rejected. Here’s a link to it instead: https://snakebytetech0-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/sean_snakebytetech_com/EWJBZUGRZ_NCmHBiXTTOn_cBDed7T1k4IpqTQPVMc4xYCQ?e=c9aJXg

Hello,
You’re saying this happened after upgrading from 0.62.0 to 0.62.2?
Can you please send us your agent logs with a link to this thread in the support chat and we will investigate?
You can get the logs from the agent tab:

Please also detail as much as you can about your emulator setup, what device, API and configuration you have set would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I created the following support ticket: https://support.testproject.io/tickets.php?id=633