Any way to validate multiple inputs are empty in one step

We have some logic in our application that clears a form via a button click. As part of testing this logic we are looking for a quick way to select multiple elements and validate they don’t contain any input value. I am wondering if there is any way to do this in test project? The contains text action only seems to work on one element even if the selector will resolve multiple elements. Not being able to do this really increases the workload of testing because we would have to create a step to explicitly check every field on the form. Any help or direction on this is much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Greg,

I hope you are doing well. I think there is an addons called " Count elements", what you can do is:

1. Count the inputs elements
  2. Save the total of elements in a parameter
  3. Create differents substest for validations example: Get attribute value addon of the element and compare it leaving the value empty.
  4. The count parameter will be the condition on how many times the bot has to validate. It will depens on how is structured id or xpath.

Example
Parameter elements count = 3

Subtest 1: condition- If Parameter elements count is equal to 3
Get attribute value input element ID : input 1 ( empty)
compare output: (empty)
Get attribute value input element ID : input 2( empty)
Get attribute value input element ID : input 3( empty)

Subtest 2: condition- If Parameter elements count is equal to 2 // Test will be skipped because the principal count is 3
Get attribute value input element ID : input 1 ( empty)
Get attribute value input element ID : input 2( empty)

If none of the existing add ons work, you can create an add on by yourself, to implement this logic and upload it to TestProject. We do the same for a few of our requirements

But if thats not what you want then iterating after counting elements would be the best option