TestProject Forum
Powered by leading experts in the test automation community

Android studio Emulator support

Hello.
If I understand it correctly, Android studio Emulators should be supported by TestProject.
However when I try to run the job on an emulator, the Appium/Chrome keeps starting and crashing in a loop - see attached file

Is there something I need to configure?
Best regards,
Ondrej

Hi @ondrej.spalek,

You are right, we do support Android Studio emulators.
Can you please tell me what emulator exactly are you using/.
If I understand you correctly, you are trying to run a web test on the emulator’s Chrome browser? If that’s the case, please make sure that the Chrome version on your emulator is up to date.

Kind regards,
Amit

In the Android Studio, I created two virtual devices:
Nexus 5X API 29 x86
Pixel API 28
Both have the same problem.

On the Pixel, I updated to latest version of Chrome.
Not it will open Chrome but it stays on empty page, with “date:,” in the address field.
The test fails with following error: Failed to execute test ‘M - Signing In’ on Appium_Android_Chrome on emulator-5554: Failed to change app details in existing session!

Hi @ondrej.spalek,

Can you please tell me what job exactly are you trying to execute?
Is it an Android job that you assigned a web test to it?
Or is it an Android job and the application you are testing is the Chrome browser?

It is an Android Job with web test.

Can you please send me the agent logs in the chat on our website?
You can download the logs from the Agents page by clicking on the three-dots icon on your agent.

I sent the logs via chat.

Thank you @ondrej.spalek,
I’ll review the logs and get back to you ASAP.

Kind regards,
Amit

Hi @ondrej.spalek,

We were able to reproduce this issue with an emulator that has Chrome 73. When we updated to version 79 and 80, it solve the issue.

Can you please make sure that the Chrome version is indeed 79/80 and restart the emulator?

Interesting,
Now I started the emulator again (cold boot) and it seems to be working correctly (with Chrome 79). But I was doing the same thing previously and it did not work.
Anyway, thank you very much for the help. I will let you know in case the issue reappears.
Best regards,
Ondrej

I’m really glad to hear that :slight_smile:
Please feel free to reach out at any time!

Amit.