When I connect device via windows 10, Testproject seems does not detect it. I tried with ADB command and it work ( detected device, get Android phone information)
I re-installed Testproject agent but same problem
I tried again in Linux, Testproject detected device !!
I include the screenshot to show that device is connected via Windows 10 on ADB
Any one have experience about this problem or how can I check testproject log to debug this issue
What is your device’s model?
Did you enable these options in the developer option?
- Enable “Developer options”. This could be done by going to “Settings” -> “About Phone” -> repeatedly tapping the “Build number”. You should get a message that says your enabled developer options.
- Inside “Developer options”, enable:
- “Stay Awake”
- “USB debugging”
- Under “Select USB configuration” select “MTP”.
- Then, scroll down and turn the animation off for:
- “Window animation scale”
- “Transition animation scale”
- “Animator duration scale”
- When plugging in the USB cable to the Android device, you will be asked 3 things:
- Allow access to device data -> select “YES”
- Allow USB debugging -> select “OK”
I did all those steps, as I can connect to device by testproject agent via Linux, but cant on Windows 10
Is there any log of testproject to check it ?
There is an option to get the logs.
Can you please send me a message in the TestProject chat? We can continue our discussion there
Thank you Amit.
I resolved my issue
Root cause : Can not detect ADB.exe because wrong ADB path on windows system variables path.
I suggest Testproject should be check 2 cases
- Detect ADB via system variables path first
- Incase ADB (1) failed -> use ADB default of testproject
Thank you @sonha for summarizing our conversion
We will investigate this special scenario and if needed, we’ll add the required changes.