Agent Issue started July 17

Hi team,
started today, July 17, my Windows Agent is failing to connect to my Android Phone.
It has been working for long time…
Please note that Windows Explore is showing my Android phone, which means, USB cable is working

2 Likes

TestProject agent is having issues and not able to connect to local agent. In the console it is either showing as disconnected or development.

1 Like

having a same issue , do you know how to resolved it now?

1 Like

I try to Delete temporary agent files, then reinstall the agent, but it still not working.
It’s Monday. hope the team fixes it soon.

1 Like

I have tried the same and not working too

Mac os troubleshooting

1. Remove the Agent from applications
  2. Delete the existing agent folder - ~/Library/Application Support/TestProject/Agent
  3. Install earlier version 3.4.2 it worked for me.

Please try

1 Like

Thanks, that work for me, both on Mac & Win.

On Windows , what folder(s) needs to be deleted?

You just use the uninstall in the window panel.
Then reinstall the earlier version 3.4.2.

I have a similar problem but on a linux machine where we run the Agent so running auto tests does not tie up our local machines. Last week, my linux agent lost its registration information. I had to re-register it to get it back up and running. Then again, last Thursday 07/21, it lost its registration information again. I had to re-register and delete it from the system. Then when I re-registered, but I had to go update all my jobs and Jenkins jobs with that agent name. Very painful. Why are the registrations being deleted all of a sudden? The id.dat file is the file being deleted.
I have a linux log file and shows when things started to stop working on Thursday 07/21.
Here is an excerpt from that log file:
2022-07-21 19:01:06.143 INFO auth-entry i.t.a.b.c.a Sent shutdown event to Signal server
2022-07-21 19:01:06.143 INFO auth-entry i.t.a.b.c.a Disconnecting Signal as part of the SignalClient stop sequence
2022-07-21 19:01:06.143 INFO auth-entry i.t.a.f.c.a.a Authenticating with TestProject…
2022-07-21 19:01:06.143 INFO auth-entry i.t.a.s.c Requesting authenticating token…
2022-07-21 19:01:08.218 INFO auth-entry i.t.a.s.c Authenticated successfully
2022-07-21 19:01:08.237 INFO state-machine i.t.a.f.c.a.h Starting Signal…
2022-07-21 19:02:31.098 INFO EventThread i.t.a.b.c.a Signal reconnected.
2022-07-21 19:02:31.099 INFO pool-3-thread-1 i.t.a.b.b.a Reporting state: Idle
2022-07-21 19:03:31.341 ERROR pool-3-thread-1 i.t.a.b.b.a Failed to report application state: Idle
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at jersey.repackaged.com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.getValue(AbstractFuture.java:299)
at jersey.repackaged.com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.get(AbstractFuture.java:286)
at jersey.repackaged.com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.get(AbstractFuture.java:116)
at io.testproject.agent.b.b.a.a(TestProjectAgent:968)
at io.testproject.agent.managers.A.e(TestProjectAgent:158)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at io.testproject.agent.c.d.run(TestProjectAgent:33)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:830)
Caused by: javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.internal.HttpUrlConnector$3.run(HttpUrlConnector.java:299)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
at jersey.repackaged.com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutorService.execute(MoreExecutors.java:299)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:118)
at jersey.repackaged.com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractListeningExecutorService.submit(AbstractListeningExecutorService.java:50)
at jersey.repackaged.com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractListeningExecutorService.submit(AbstractListeningExecutorService.java:37)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.internal.HttpUrlConnector.apply(HttpUrlConnector.java:293)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.ClientRuntime$2.run(ClientRuntime.java:180)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:267)
at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:340)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.ClientRuntime$3.run(ClientRuntime.java:208)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
… 3 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.timedRead(NioSocketImpl.java:284)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.implRead(NioSocketImpl.java:310)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.read(NioSocketImpl.java:351)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl$1.read(NioSocketImpl.java:802)
at java.base/java.net.Socket$SocketInputStream.read(Socket.java:937)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.read(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:450)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.bytesInCompletePacket(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:68)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readApplicationRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1409)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl$AppInputStream.read(SSLSocketImpl.java:1022)
at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:245)
at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:285)
at java.base/java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:344)
at java.base/sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:746)
at java.base/sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:689)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1610)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1515)
at java.base/java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:527)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:308)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.internal.HttpUrlConnector._apply(HttpUrlConnector.java:399)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.internal.HttpUrlConnector.access$000(HttpUrlConnector.java:96)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.internal.HttpUrlConnector$3.run(HttpUrlConnector.java:297)
… 20 common frames omitted

Thank you Shawn for your input.
Hopefully Testproject team will be able to correct the issue.

Windows

Open the Start menu, type %appdata%\TestProject\Agent\ and hit enter.

Delete the test project folder
Again install the agent version 3.4.2

thanks