TestProject Forum

AddonNotInstalledException

I am using testproject-python-sdk==1.2.0
I have generated a python code with addons like scroll to an element and reporting_utilities
Also there is an addon package in the test execution package generated in python from testproject platform.
But I am getting below error:

usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/src/testproject/helpers/addonhelper.py:55: in execute
** response: AddonExecutionResponse = self.agent_client.execute_proxy(action)**
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _**

self = <src.testproject.sdk.internal.agent.agent_client.AgentClient object at 0x7f25f0260588>
action = <addons.reporting_utilities.actions.reportstepmessage.ReportStepMessage object at 0x7f25f0260ac8>

** def execute_proxy(self, action: ActionProxy) → AddonExecutionResponse:**
** “”“Sends a custom action to the Agent**
** Args:**
** action (ActionProxy): The custom action to be executed**
** Returns:**
** AddonExecutionResponse: object containing the result of the action execution**
** “””**

** # Sending proxy request…**
** operation_result = self.send_request(**
** “POST”,**
** urljoin(self._remote_address, Endpoint.AddonExecution.value),**
** self._create_action_proxy_payload(action),**
** {“skipReporting”: “true”}, # Delegate reporting from Agent to SDK.**
** )**

** if operation_result.status_code == HTTPStatus.NOT_FOUND:**
** logging.error(**
** f"Action [{action.proxydescriptor.classname}] in addon [{action.proxydescriptor.guid}]"**
** f" is not installed in your account."**
** )**
> raise AddonNotInstalledException
E src.testproject.sdk.exceptions.addonnotinstalled.AddonNotInstalledException

usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/src/testproject/sdk/internal/agent/agent_client.py:441: AddonNotInstalledException
----------------------------------------------------------- Captured log call -----------------------------------------------------------
ERROR root:agent_client.py:438 Action [io.testproject.addon.report.utilities.ReportStepMessage] in addon [lqecWtENiUKXu90cYN3NoQ] is not installed in your account.

I have mentioned this in code :
from addons.reporting_utilities import ReportingUtilities
from addons.scroll_to_element import ScrollToElement

Hi @ssgupta0912.
The error you are experiencing indicates that the Reporting Utilities addon is not installed on the account associated with the agent that is running the test. You can install it by heading to the Addons page and the Community Addons section inside. If the addons is installed in your account you can ask for help using the chat inside the platform.

@shai.glatshtein_prd Addons are installed in the account.