TestProject Forum

Adding coded tests to a recorded test

Hello All,

I have been trying, without success, to added a coded test to an existing recorded test case. Here is what I am trying to do:

1. Login to the application with the record and playback feature
  2. navigate to a part of the application another record and playback feature
  3. Here I want to add an If/ Else condition (here is the codded test I am trying to add) to check for existing data and if it’s there delete it
  4. Then the rest is all recording steps

Is this possible at all? Everything I try is not working. By not working I mean it fails but I don’t see any exceptions so I have nothing to go by.

I am using Java with Gradle if that helps

If you need any more information I can provide it. Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi @mwilsonsqa.

To add a coded test into the recorded test, all you have to do is to upload the coded test to TestProject.io , then open the recorded test and add the coded test as a step, like this:

Then select the (coded) test you want:

Thanks Ricardo. I was able to do that but the test would just stop at the coded test step. I am now facing another issue. When I tried to upload a coded test to Testproject this morning I am getting the following error:

I then went and followed step by step according to this site using the Maven build and I am getting the same error:

Any idea why I can’t upload coded tests now?

Hi @mwilsonsqa.

Missing code blocks usually happens when one or more things in the packaging process are missing or not configured correctly.
Please use the following link to see how to package tests from start to finish. Let me know if you have any questions: GitHub - testproject-io/java-opensdk: TestProject Java OpenSDK